CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

a few thoughts to start my morning.

"...to be in a relationship with God is to be loved purely and furiously. And a person who thinks himself unlovable cannot be in a relationship with God because he can't accept who God is; a Being that is love. We learn that we are lovable or unlovable from other people...That is why God tells us so many times to love each other." -Donald Miller


"I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn't resolve. But I was outside the Bagdad Theater in Portland one night when I saw a man playing the saxophone. I stood there for fifteen minutes, and he never opened his eyes.

After that I liked jazz music.

Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way.

I used to not like God because God didn't resolve. But that was before any of this happened." -Donald Miller

Why pluck one string... what good is just one note?
Oh, one string sounds fine, I guess... but we were once 'one notes',
We were lonely wheat quietly ground into grain...
What light and momentary pain!
So why the safe distance, this curious look?
Why tear out single pages when you can throw away the book?
Why pluck one string when you can strum the guitar?--torches together by mewithoutYou

3 comments:

Hillary said...

ok well we shall go ahead and post more often i guess :) i like donald miller, at least i think. i want to read his book sometime, i've heard great quotes from him.
11:44...ahh it's so late. gotta go to bed. night. love you!

e.r.i.c.a said...

Oh Hillary... Donald Miller is so amazing!! no lie!! I'm reading one of his books right now. You NEED to read one. I own this book, so I should let you borrow it when i'm done. Have fun moving into your unemployed life today!! :( it's a bummer, but I know that we will both find jobs soon! <3

Hillary said...

um yes i would love to borrow that book and read it. let me know when you're done so i can check it out. it's summer now so i have time to read! i've got a few pretty good ones if you want to look through them. :) love ya!